Two Champlain Valley Union runners earned first-place finishes at the Division I high school track and field championships on Saturday at Burlington High School.
Caroline Hill earned an individual title in the 200-meter run for the Redhawks, finishing in 26.79 seconds. Hill also came in second place in the 100-meter dash.
Ella Whitman also came home with an individual title, coming in first place in the 3000-meter run with a time of 10:24.54. Alice Larsen was second in the 3000, just behind her teammate.
With the wins, the CVU girls team finished with 83.5 points, good enough for fourth place overall. St. Johnsbury Academy captured its fourth straight girls title; South Burlington claimed second and Essex followed in third place.
The Redhawks boys team came in 12th place in the overall competition. Essex topped Mount Mansfield for its first boys title in five years.
Other top girls finishers:
• 100-meter dash – Charlotte Hill, 6th place
• 400 – Elizah Jacobs, 3rd place
• 800 – Sadie Holmes, 6th place
• 1,500 – Alice Larson, 2nd place; Ella Whitman, 3rd place; Jennifer Ireland, 6th place
• 3,000 – Jennifer Ireland, 4th place
• 300-meter hurdles – Leah Lambrecht, 5th place
• Pole vault – Tali Giubardo, 6th place
Top boys finishers:
• 110-meter hurdles – Nathaniel Mick, 6th place
• Pole vault – Kevin Veronneau, 5th place
• Triple jump – Keeghan Tolan, 5th place