To the Editor:
Congressman Peter Welch is fighting for a positive, proactive, and practical agenda to rebuild the middle class. He takes a commonsense approach to solving America’s challenges. I believe Peter’s important work in the following areas represents what Vermonters want from Washington:
• Cut prescription drug prices by negotiating bulk price discounts and develop generic alternatives to expensive brand drugs.
• Expand quality affordable health care to all Americans by enacting Medicare for All legislation.
• Pass a comprehensive climate change bill that makes significant investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
• Enact commonsense gun safety reforms to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them.
• Fight for a $15 minimum wage.
• Provide resources to community leaders battling the opioid epidemic and develop alternative pain treatments.
• Make higher education and job training accessible and affordable for all Americans.
• Restore net neutrality and open access to the internet.
• Rebuild our infrastructure and build out broadband in rural America.
We need Congressman Welch to continue advocating for Vermont values in Washington.
Please join me in voting for Peter Welch in the Democratic Primary on August 14. Early voting has begun at the Town Office. Go at your convenience.