The American Red Cross says its supply of blood and platelets is particularly low and donors are encouraged to take part in upcoming drives.
Blood donors of all blood types, especially type O, and platelet donors are needed. Individuals can attend a drive or make an appointment to donate at RedCrossBlood.org or by calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Upcoming blood drives in the region are:
- Dec. 1: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Williston National Guard Armory, 7846 Williston Road, Williston.
- Dec. 5: 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Vergennes High School, 50 Monkton Road, Vergennes.
- Dec. 7: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Burton Snowboards, 80 Industrial Pkwy. and
UVM Medical Center, 111 Colchester Ave., Burlington.
- Dec. 7: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Essex Shoppes, 21 Essex Way, Essex.
- Dec. 8: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., CrossFit Burlington, 39 Birchcliff Pkwy., Burlington.
- Dec. 12: 1-6 p.m. Covenant Community Church, 1 Whitcomb Meadows Lane, Essex.
- Dec. 12: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., South Burlington Police Department, 19 Gregory Dr., Suite 1, South Burlington.
- Dec. 13: Noon to 6 p.m., Congregational Church, 20 Church St., Richmond.