Everything’s coming up daffodils

Everything’s coming up daffodils

Davis Park residents Lewis Kerest and Max Brumsted, above, help plant daffodil bulbs in a Davis Park yard Tuesday, Oct. 28. The Davis Park neighborhood organized a “Daffodils for Davis Park” campaign this fall, spearheaded by neighborhood resident and landscape consultant Charlotte Albers. Residents planted 1,000 daffodil bulbs in their yards with the intent of… Read More »

Selectboard agenda

Selectboard Meeting Draft Agenda Nov. 11, 7pm Shelburne Town Offices Meeting Room #1 Call to Order Consider Approval of the Agenda* Consider Approval of the Oct. 28, 2014 Selectboard Meeting Minutes* Citizen Participation and Public Comments Selectboard Comment Town Manager’s Report Discussion and Update with the Social Services Committee Public Hearing for Amendments to Shelburne’s… Read More »

Meetings in Town

Thursday, Nov. 6 Planning Commission, 7pm, Town Center Meeting Room 1 Monday, Nov. 10 Tree Advisory Committee Meeting, 7pm, Town Center Meeting Room 2 Tuesday, Nov. 11 Town Offices closed for Veterans Day Selectboard Meeting, 7pm, Town Center Meeting Room 1 Wednesday, Nov. 12 Shelburne Natural Resources and Conservation Committee, 7pm, Town Center Meeting Room… Read More »

Medicare Open Enrollment begins

By Marilyn Tavenner, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Administrator Fall is a wonderful time of year. Changing leaves. Cooler weather. It’s also the season for people with Medicare to review their current Medicare coverage, as Medicare Open Enrollment begins. To prepare for Medicare Open Enrollment, which ends on Dec. 7, Medicare wants everyone to… Read More »

News from the Pierson Library

Tonight! Geek Mountain State Sci Fi/Fantasy Book Discusion at 7pm in the Pierson Library. Come chat about “Stranger in Olondria” by Sofia Samatar. Pizza will be served! A Changing Vermont in a Changing World:  Gail Stevenson, Executive Director of the Vermont Council on World Affairs, will be joining us on Monday, Nov. 10 at 3:30pm… Read More »

The Readers Write

Public housing agencies crack down on lighting up I have lung disease and am a non-smoker. All of my life I have been exposed to second hand smoke. I have lived in two previous “smoke-free” properties and now am in my third public housing project that toots its horn about being “smoke-free.” I assumed that “smoke-free”… Read More »

Notable neighbors: Mike Lynch

Notable neighbors: Mike Lynch

By Sadie Williams Mike Lynch was born in Binghamton, N.Y. on April 7, 1943. His father, a Warrant Officer in the Navy Seabees in WWII, died when Lynch was 6, leaving behind his wife and three sons. Although Lynch didn’t know his father growing up, he later learned just how similar their career paths were… Read More »

PARKS and REC NEWS

Bolton Valley After School Ski & Snowboard Program 2015 Registration Information: Registration is now open for 7th and 8th graders at the Recreation Office. Registration opens for 5th & 6th graders on Tuesday, Nov. 18 at 7:30am for any remaining open spots. If you are unable to drop off your registration in person, please feel… Read More »