The readers write – Joan Lenes

Thank you, it’s been an honor to serve you It has been an honor and privilege to serve you, the people of Shelburne and St. George, as your Representative to the Vermont House of Representatives. Ten years ago I began this job and I have truly had a passion for the work. To be able… Read More »

All Aboard! Fun with Trains at Trinity

All Aboard! Fun with Trains at Trinity

The Trinity Episcopal Church in Shelburne held its first holiday train party open house on Dec. 28. The new pastor, Fred Moser, and his wife, Kim Hardy, set up a room full of trains they have collected over the years. There were Lionel and Bachmann electric trains, one of which had belonged to Fred’s father. For… Read More »

Planning agenda

Agenda Shelburne Planning Commission Thursday, Jan 12, 7pm Meeting Room 1, Shelburne Municipal Center 1. CALL TO ORDER (7pm) 2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA (7:01pm) 3. DISCLOSURES RELATING TO ANY POTENTIAL CONFLICTS OF INTEREST (7:02pm) 4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES (7:05, or upon completion of item 3) •Dec. 8, 2016. •Dec. 15, 2016. 5. COMMISSIONER QUESTIONS AND… Read More »

Parks and Rec news

​​​After School Fitness Program: Grades 5-8. This program will be held on Tuesdays, 2:10-3:10pm, and Thursdays, 3:10-4:10pm, Jan. 10-Feb. 16. The session fee is $145 and the program will be held at Shelburne Field House with instructors Nick Mead and Rayne Herzog. Preregistration is required. Me & My Guy Valentine Dance! ​Friday, Feb. 10,​ 6:30-8:30pm.… Read More »

Town public safety-log Dec 24 to 30

As submitted by Shelburne Police Department Saturday, December 24 Agency Assist JOURDAN ST, Hinesburg Shelburne Police assisted Hinesburg Police at a domestic disturbance. 08:05 Suspicious BUSHEY DR, Shelburne Caller reported a suspicious male came to the residence. Shelburne Police was dispatched. The officer checked the area, but was unable to locate the individual, but later determined it was… Read More »

Shopping with Chea

Shopping with Chea

We did it! We’re here, and the end is in sight, and even if you’re the world’s best procrastinator (sorry, you can’t beat me, I’ve been sitting here at my computer looking for split ends for twenty minutes instead of typing), don’t worry. I’m here for you. The Old Brick Store in Charlotte is a… Read More »

Planning Commission proposes regulations for adult entertainment businesses

The Planning Commission held a public hearing Dec. 15 to gather community input on proposed Zoning Bylaws to mitigate the adverse secondary impacts associated with adult entertainment facilities. As Chair Jaime Heins explained, such businesses are constitutionally protected under freedom of speech and cannot be banned outright, but cities and towns do have the same… Read More »

Toys for Kids drop-off barrel

Toys for Kids drop-off barrel

Almartin Volvo Cars on 85 Executive Drive in Shelburne is proud to accept new, unwrapped toys. Toys for Kids is the largest Christmas toy collection program in Vermont.