How Shelburne residents can contribute to Lake health with BLUE

By Roberta Nubile Swimmable, drinkable, fishable. This is the Lake Champlain we all want. But according to the 2015 State of the Lake Report, published by the Lake Champlain Basin Program, these qualities are at risk. Shelburne is one of four bays with increasing phosphorous levels (drivers of blue-green algae blooms), according to the report. […]

Development Review Board agenda

DRAFT AGENDA TOWN OF SHELBURNE DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD Wednesday, July 20, 7:00pm Town Center Meeting Rm 1 (Agenda items subject to change prior to meeting date) 1.CALL TO ORDER (7:00) 2.PUBLIC COMMENT (7:05) Topics not otherwise included in agenda 3.APPROVAL OF MINUTES (7:10) June 29, 2016 (Special Meeting) July 6, 2016 4.DESIGN REVIEW APPLICATION(S) (7:15) […]

Eighth annual Vermont Cheesemakers Festival at Shelburne Farms

Eighth annual Vermont Cheesemakers Festival at Shelburne Farms

Vermont has established a strong reputation for cheese, and it is something that Vermont Cheese Council likes to celebrate. On July 17, Shelburne Farms will be the setting for a celebration of the product. That is when the 8th annual Vermont Cheesemakers Festival will be held. With dozens of cheesemakers present, the event serves as […]

Town Public Safety Log

July 2 – July 7  as submitted by the Shelburne Police Department Saturday, July 2 07:06 Medical Alarm TERRACES, Shelburne Caller reported medical alarm activation. Shelburne Rescue and Police were dispatched. The patient was transported to the Hospital. 07:59 Suspicious JUNIPER RDG, Shelburne Caller reported someone entered his vehicle, but nothing appeared to be taken. […]

Genevieve Trono: A family farm with more than just fat cows

Genevieve Trono: A family farm with more than just fat cows

In 2010, Genevieve Trono’s father-in-law, Peter, purchased 85 acres of land off Bingham Brook Road in Charlotte. The land had not been farmed for some time, so cows were needed to take care of the overgrown pasture. Luckily, Trono knew where to find some bovines. Her grandparents kept cows in Huntington, and with her grandmother […]

Planning agenda

AGENDA SHELBURNE PLANNING COMMISSION Thursday, July 14, 6:00pm **Note special start time** Meeting Room 1, Shelburne Municipal Center, 5420 Shelburne Road 1. CALL TO ORDER (6:00pm) 2. ORIENTATION AND TRAINING SESSION RELATING TO ‘ENVISION TOMORROW’ SPREADSHEET (6:01pm) •Staff-led session to build awareness and understanding of development impact tool created for the Town by Crane Associates […]

Colleen Haag retiring

Colleen Haag retiring

After almost thirty-four years of serving the residents of the Town of Shelburne as your town clerk, it is time for me to move on. I honestly hate to leave but I told myself long ago that if I ever reached the point where I did not feel that I could serve the people who […]

Selectboard addresses paths, fire trucks

Tuesday’s meeting was the second hearing on amendments to the town’s Comprehensive Plan to replace the current priority paths and sidewalk maps with new ones and to add texts and maps responding to statutory requirements governing designated village centers. Selectboard members split the matter into two parts and voted in favor of adding texts and […]

Long Trail Canine Rescue hosts pet CPR/First Aid workshop

Long Trail Canine Rescue is hosting a CPR/First Aid workshop on August 13 in Charlotte. The 8-hour comprehensive course includes lectures, demonstrations and hands-on skill practice. This includes primary assessment (triage), snout to tail assessment, basic first aid, restraining/muzzling, rescue breathing, CPR, choking management, bleeding/shock management, assessing vitals, care for your senior pet-izen and much more. […]