Shelburne man accused of threatening woman

A Shelburne man was charged with domestic assault after a woman called them from a convenience store. Conner Lucas, 28, was arrested by South Burlington police shortly after 3 a.m. July 31 and was held at the Chittenden County Regional Correctional Facility for lack of $1,000 bail, awaiting arraignment in court later that morning. Police… Read More »

Boom for the museum

Boom for the museum

The Shelburne Museum celebrated its 70th birthday with a party July 15 on the steamboat Ticonderoga. The event was also a fundraiser for the museum, with a live auction of destinations and many other items.

Community yard sale planned on Aug. 12

Kidsafe Collaborative, a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending child abuse, will hold its 12th annual giant Community Yard Sale in the Blue Ribbon Pavilion at the Champlain Valley Expo Aug. 12-13. The sale will run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and from 10 a.m. to noon on Sunday. The event, which is… Read More »

I always strive to meet ethical guidelines

I always strive to meet ethical guidelines

By Rep. Jessica Brumsted It’s been a year since I have been out in your neighborhoods introducing myself and talking with you about your concerns and hopes for Vermont’s future. I feel it is an incredible privilege to serve in the Vermont House of Representatives on your behalf, and I look forward to visiting… Read More »

New leaders at newspapers

New leaders at newspapers

New leadership has been appointed at the Shelburne News and The Citizen. Wendy Ewing, who has a deep background in advertising, has been appointed advertising manager. Lisa Scagliotti, an experienced journalist, has been appointed managing editor of the newspapers. Ewing, who started in her new position on July 24, has spent the past 30 years… Read More »

Correction

In a report July 27 about the July 25 SD Ireland American Legion baseball game, a quote referring to a player diagnosed with cancer was misattributed. It was the team’s coach, Tim Albertson, who said: “The guys are handling it well; they are just looking at it like ‘we get to do this for him.’… Read More »

Charlotte U.S. Route 7 reconstruction update

Project Location: U.S. 7 from the Ferrisburgh/Charlotte Town line north for three miles to the Ferry Road Intersection. Project completion is scheduled for 2018. Week of July 31, 2017 Between Wildwood West Development and Ferry Road: Reconstruction efforts will commence on this final mile of the project by milling and excavating the roadway behind the… Read More »

Police chief is out; town planned a full audit

By Mike Donoghue Correspondent The Shelburne Selectboard had scheduled a special meeting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, after press time, to consider a “personnel matter.” Town Manager Joe Colangelo told the Shelburne News Tuesday afternoon he was unable to discuss any details about Wednesday’s meeting, including whether it involved Police Chief James Warden, who was recently suspended for… Read More »