Proposed Kwiniaska development to get another look by DRB

Proposed Kwiniaska development to get another look by DRB

A sketch plan of the development planned for the part of the Kwiniaska Golf Course located west of Spear Street will be getting another look in the near future, in a decision made during a special Development Review Board (DRB) meeting held on June 29. The original plan was     denied on May 25. The development, […]

News from the Pierson Library

Thursday: Geek Mountain State Sci Fi/Fantasy Book Discussion of Arkwright by Allen Steele at 7:00pm. Pizza will be served. This book discussion is co-hosted by the Pierson Library and Geek Mountain State (www.geekmountainstate.com). Please register. Thursday: Minecraft Club with library volunteer Aren Trombley at 6:00p.m. every Thursday night in July. Kids ages 10+ play Minecraft […]

Community Bulletin Board

21st Annual Summer Concert Series hosted by Shelburne Farms July 13, 2016 The second concert of the season features the Phil Abair Band playing a collection of favorite tunes you’ll be singing along to. The concert will be held at the Shelburne Farms Farm Barn. Bring your lawn chair, blanket, or picnic dinner or enjoy food […]

Paths amendment fails to pass

After an amendment to the town’s Comprehensive Plan failed to pass, the question remains of what the future holds for updated priority path and sidewalk maps. The maps, which had been prepared by the Bike, Pedestrians and Paths Committee (BPPC) were to replace the ones that are currently in the Comprehensive Plan. Due to concerns […]

Water pressure monitoring system for Spear Street under consideration

Water has been an issue of concern in the Spear Street area recently. That has led to the consideration of a water pressure monitoring system for Spear Street. At a special hearing on June 28, the Water Commission voted to approve expenditure for the completion of an engineering document for bid packages. Town Manager Joe […]

Mystics with mortgages

Meditation: good for what ails you by Elizabeth Flynn Campbell Three days after the World Trade Center towers collapsed on September 11, my husband and I walked around Union Square Park in lower Manhattan, which had become an unofficial gathering place for people seeking the comfort of strangers as we stumbled around trying to understand […]

Shelburne Craft School hosts community night July 15

This summer, the Shelburne Craft School will host a monthly get together of picnicking, music, and craft demonstrations for the whole family. This month’s event takes place on Friday July 15 from 4pm to 7pm, rain or shine. Some of the live demonstrations include wooden lathe turning wands. Kids can create twig and flower crowns. Tours […]

SCHIP Summer grants announced

SCHIP (Shelburne, Charlotte, Hinesburg Interfaith Projects) announced its summer grant awards, awarding $20,800 to nonprofits in the three towns who met the criteria of serving the people of our communities in a variety of ways. Since the first grants were given in April 2005, $596,000 has been distributed. The awards are possible through SCHIP’s mission […]

Laura Hoopes: preserving Hinesburg’s community spirit

Laura Hoopes: preserving  Hinesburg’s community spirit

When Laura Hoopes took time off from work after giving birth to her son, she visited the Hinesburg Community Resource Center (HCRC) to volunteer. “I was a new mom and new to the community,” she said “so I wanted to connect and meet people and get involved in something that related to my current phase […]

1 3 4 5 6 7 119