Incumbents win, new fire truck passe

Over 2,000 of the 6,197 voters—32.8%—turned out for Tuesday’s Town Meeting vote. After weeks of spirited campaigning, Colleen Parker defeated Don Stevens 1,111 to 828 to win another three-year Selectboard term and John Kerr defeated Doris Sage 1,079 to 841 for the two-year Selectboard term. Current Town Clerk Diana Vachon defeated Dorilee Gaudette Leblanc 1,251… Read More »

PARKS and REC NEWS

Spring/Summer Camps and Programs are available online! Check our website for up to date information at www.shelburnevt.org/160/Parks-Recreation. Little League Baseball REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  March 11 Little League Softball REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  March 18 Youth Lacrosse REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 15 (for grades 3-8); April 7 (for grades K-2) Program Correction Notice: Shelburne Little League Babe Ruth fee will… Read More »

News from the Pierson Library

New Library Center Project Please visit us at Town Meeting! Library representatives will have a table at both Town Meeting events (Monday night and all day on Tuesday). Come visit us, have a candy, and see the Library Center designs. You can also learn more about the library survey, which will be mailed in March to… Read More »

Barr Farm fundraising goal met

Barr Farm fundraising goal met

The fundraiser to conserve Shelburne’s Barr Farm, located on Pond Road, has met its goal by the Feb. 28 deadline, said Vermont Land Trust Champlain Valley Farm Director Allen Karnatz. Working with Barr Farm neighbor Ed Kiniry and bringing together concerned residents of Shelburne, Karnatz was happy to note that the effort even raised a… Read More »

Shelburne’s proposed budget explained

By Joe Colangelo, Shelburne Town Manager Eight months of process, iteration, deliberation, all reduced to the simplicity of a yes/no question for voter consideration at Town Meeting: Shall the town adopt the Selectboard’s proposed budget of $8,073,752 of which $5,835,946 is to be raised by taxes?  So, how did we get to this particular budget… Read More »

Renaissance Faire coming to Shelburne Field House

Renaissance Faire coming to Shelburne Field House

The fun, food, music and merriment of Vermont Renaissance Faire is coming to Shelburne. On Mar. 4, the Shelburne Field House will be the site of a Winter Faire, an offshoot of the Summer Faire held in Stowe. “When we decided to start a Renaissance faire in Vermont, we saw an opportunity both personal, professional,… Read More »

Willow House opens in Shelburne Village

Willow House opens in Shelburne Village

By Lucy M. Casale A cowhide purse kept me up at night. Vintage. Wallet included. $45. “I should sell this for more, but…” Jessica Humphrey said, trailing off when I spied it after our interview, brown-and-white spots, hanging from a chair behind a bunny-themed display. But I was indecisive. “Do you want me to hold… Read More »

Selectboard Candidate Questions and Answers

Selectboard Candidate Questions and Answers

Editor’s Note: We asked each candidate running in a contested election to answer the same questions. Each answer was required to have 100 words or fewer. First, we asked the candidates to introduce themselves and explain why they are the best candidate for the position. We then asked each candidate to answer the same five… Read More »

1 3 4 5 6 7 156