Spear Street water line bid accepted

Spear Street will soon have a new water line. After Joe Colangelo received six bids, the lowest was supported by the water superintendent and accepted by the water commission. Bidding $344,544, Colchester-based All Seasons Excavating was the winner of the contract. In recent months, Spear Street’s water line has suffered repeated breaks. Over the course… Read More »

Planning Commission considers impact of parcelization in the rural district

Planning Commission considers impact of parcelization in the rural district

At its meeting on Dec. 8, the Planning Commission heard a presentation by Jens Hilke, a conservation planning biologist with the Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife, about the impact of development in rural areas of Vermont on forests and wildlife habitat. Forest fragmentation creates habitat blocks, which leads to a decline in biodiversity, unless… Read More »

Long-time Town employee Bob Wooster to retire

Long-time Town employee Bob Wooster to retire

Known for his quiet demeanor and calm presence, Bob Wooster has spent two decades helping the Town of Shelburne look good. On Dec. 31, after 23 years of service to the town, Wooster will be retiring from his position in the Maintenance Department. “[He has been a] calm, steady presence, always helpful,” Town Manager Joe… Read More »

Meetings in Town

Town of Shelburne Committee, Board & Commission Monthly Meeting Dates* The Town Offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 26 for the Christmas holiday. Regular Schedule Development Review Board  1st and 3rd Wednesdays 7pm in MR 1 Dog Park Committee 1st Monday 6pm MR 2 Selectboard 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 7pm in MR 1… Read More »

DRB agenda

Town of Shelburne Development Review Board Wednesday, Dec. 21, 7pm  Town Center meeting room 1 (Agenda items subject to change prior to meeting date) 1. CALL TO ORDER (7pm) 2. PUBLIC COMMENT (7:05pm) Topics not otherwise included in agenda. 3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES (7:10pm) Dec. 7, 2016 4. DESIGN REVIEW APPLICATIONS (7:15pm) DR16-15 – William… Read More »

News from the Pierson Library

Last Chance to Show Your Love for the Pierson Library! In this time of giving and thanks, we invite you to share YOUR story about why you love the Pierson Library and what the library means to you. Use your cell phone (or make an appointment with our Library Director, Lara Keenan, by calling her… Read More »

Shopping with Chea

Shopping with Chea

I’m not hard to buy for. Get me something encrusted with diamonds or a good book, and I’m happy until next December. One thing I don’t love, though, is a practical gift. (Please see my husband for further information, regarding in particular the infamous Waffle Maker Birthday Incident of 2012.) When you’re standing in… Read More »

Howard Center honors Lisa Steele with Help is Here Award

Howard Center honors Lisa Steele with Help is Here Award

Shelburne’s Lisa Steele was honored by the Howard Center friends and staff last month at the organization’s first “Help is Here” presentation. The award honors an individual whose contribution personifies the agency’s mission and demonstrates a passion for helping the individuals and families served by Howard Center. In accepting the award, Steele said, “I am… Read More »

Public Safety Log – Dec. 3 to Dec. 9

As submitted by the Shelburne Police Department Saturday, November 3 03:28 Parking Problem MEADOW LN, Shelburne Shelburne Police Officer located vehicles parked on the street.  The officer issued warnings for violation of the Winter Parking Ban. 03:29 Parking Problem STOKES LN, Shelburne Shelburne Police Officer located vehicles parked on the street.  The officer issued warnings for violation of the… Read More »

Meetings in Town

Town of Shelburne Committee, Board & Commission Monthly Meeting Dates* The Town Offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 26 for the Christmas holiday. Development Review Board  1st and 3rd Wednesdays 7pm in MR 1 Dog Park Committee 1st Monday 6pm MR 2 Selectboard 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 7pm in MR 1 (Dec. meetings… Read More »

1 3 4 5 6 7 145