Do the Monster Bash Oct. 24

Do the Monster Bash Oct. 24

The fifth annual Monster Bash, the signature fundraiser for the Mahana Magic Foundation, is on Oct. 24 at Charlotte’s Old Lantern. “This fantastic evening of costumes and dancing has grown to be one of the more popular events of the year,” says Cliff Deetjen, Chair of the foundation. All money raised goes directly to helping… Read More »

Oktoberfest benefits Wounded Warrior Project

This year’s Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Oktoberfest will take place on Oct. 18 at the Dutch Mill from 2-8pm. When Major Shannon B. Blake approached Jamie Bissonnette, owner of the restaurant, “he instantly without hesitation offered to have the event at his property.” Blake, a WWP Alumni and Afghanistan veteran, has organized the event for… Read More »

Planning Commission discusses solar array standards

At its Sept. 25 meeting, the Planning Commission conversed via Skype with Rutland Town officials about their recently adopted solar facility siting standards. This interactive discussion was prompted by the proposed installation of a solar array at the Teddy Bear Factory.  Shelburne does not currently have standards on solar facilities and thus would have little… Read More »

Selectboard Draft Agenda

Selectboard Meeting Draft Agenda Oct. 14, 7pm Shelburne Town Offices Meeting Room #1 Call to Order Consider Approval of the Agenda* Consider Approval of the Minutes of Sept. 23, 2014 and Sept. 27, 2014* Citizen Participation and Public Comments Selectboard Comment Town Manager’s Report Public Hearing for FY2015-2020 Capital Improvement Plan and Consider Adoption* Update… Read More »

The Readers Write

Stay alert on foot and behind the wheel On my way to UHC for blood work on a dark and dreary day, I drive along Route 7 to get to my destination. At the intersection of Main Street, I pull ahead and stop before preparing to proceed. Imagine my surprise when stopped, to see a pedestrian… Read More »

Be prepared for the Nov. 4 General Election

The last day to register to vote for the General Election is Wednesday, Oct. 29 at 5pm. Residents who register through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) voter system are encouraged to check with the Town Clerk’s office before the deadline. The majority of the forms from the DMV never make it to the office… Read More »

Library News

Friday morning:  Homeschoolers are invited to a discussion of either the Red Clover award nominated book “The Day the Crayons Quit” (for grades K-3) or the Dorothy Canfield Fisher contender “The Great Trouble” by Deborah Hopkinson (for grades 4-8) at 10:30am on Oct. 10.  No registration necessary. Refreshments will be served. 50th Annual Friends of… Read More »